03 January 2008

The Taylor Beginings


It took us seven years to get where we are. Newly weds. Quinton and I met at a seminary social back in 2000 while attending Hunter High School. Some guy pushed Quinton into me, and let me tell you, it was not love at first sight. He asked me to dance, and I said yes. Aside from that and later dancing to "Footloose", I don't remember much of the first meeting.

We weren't high school sweethearts, but we did date a lot. And the more Quinton doted on me, the more I held him at a distance. There is a lesson to be learned here, "persistence pays off." I did fall in love. And I did end up telling him so. He likes to rub it in that it happened to be only 26 days before he left to serve an LDS mission in Paris France that I did so. Six months later I too left to serve a mission in Sydney Australia. And we arrived home within three weeks of each other, April 2007.

Being half a world away from the one you love for two years can have one of two effects. The first follows the cliché "absence makes the hear grow fonder." The second is more along the lines of "out of sight, out of mind." Judging from the picture above, you can assume we both experienced the first effect. We got home and jumped back into the world of jobs and school and all that hectic stuff, but also found time for one another. We set goals and made plans for our future. Quinton proposed 12 August 2007 at the top of Ensign peak. It was really cheesy and I loved it. I love him!

We were married for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple 2 November 2007. And now I'm just loving being a newly wed!


Here is the day we got engaged: Aug 12, 2007



Quinton picked me up from my parents house, it was a sunday. We went to Temple Square, then hiked up Ensign Peak (very fast, we were trying to beat the sun before it went down. When up there, Quinton showered me with rose petals, we ate icecream, and he got on one knee and asked me to marry him. I in turned asked him if he would honor his priesthood. He said yes, so I said yes.































These are our engagements photos done by my sister Aubrie. We went to Temple Square and the area around it.









































































































































































































































































3 comments:

tami and todd said...

Hey cute girl! Just wanted to let you know I'm checking on you! Looks like your figuring out the blog just fine, but your still coming over saturday!! I told you you're a smarty!!

Tyler and Sheena said...

I'm so glad you have finally started one. It will be fun to keep tabs on you since we don't get to see each other very much. Now you just need to update it at least once a month.

Melinda said...

Laura, hey its Melinda (Olsen) Mackay from High School. Congradulations on getting married. I'm so excited for you and I'm excited that you have a blog. How fun!!!