28 January 2017

Goodbye Treasured Memories!

Treasured Memories was the best scrapbook store ever.  It was owned by my parents for I think 16 years.  I worked there for years and years and years.  Later as I had more and more kids and a job, I couldn't lend a hand as much. They first moved it to Carriage Square in Taylorsville, then when I was on my mission they moved it to Village at the River's Edge in West Valley.  

The plan was to close it.  It wasn't making any money, and hard on my mom to man it all of the time.  And harder if she ever went on vacation (which, with my dad, was more often than not!)  And they they were given an opportunity to get out of their lease early.  It was a whirlwind month.  And in the end, they sold all of the inventory for not a lot, and walked away from everything.  It was sad.  But it was good.  Don't worry, I kept a stash of scrapbook supplies for the someday when I put my books together.  I also am a hoarder.  So I also kept all sorts of  paper racks and sticker racks.  I had a huge new house with an empty room downstairs!   Why throw it in the trash!  I made an awesome pantry with those sticker racks and slat wall!  And I have great plans for my garage and shed, and even my scrapbook room someday.  Someday.





























These pictures are well out of order.  Some before we started cleaning, some afters.  We were there way into the early morning.  Mom's friend Robin who often helped my mom with her store and taught some classes too was right there with us.  It was her, mom, dad, and me and Quinton.  Even my kids came to sweep and such. But it was a lot of work.  Whatever we didn't take was officially the buyer's in the morning.  Mom was hesitant for us to take product, but Dad encouraged us to.  But we didn't want to make mom upset.  So.... while she wasn't looking....  Quinton took box after box out to our van, lol.  The next day when it all sank in, she thanked us for taking what we did.  I consider it to be our inheritance.  An early lifetime of Christmas's and Birthdays.

0 comments: